David Chess is a Geriatrician, Internist, and Entrepreneur with 35 years of experience working to improve care for patients. David has focused his career on understanding the necessary elements required to meaningfully connect with people and move them to a better level of health with a specific interest in system design. Combining a deep respect for people, with an understanding of the limitations of our current health care system, David has created novel health care companies, providing alternative, patient friendly, and value creating approaches to care. He has extensive experience creating clinical interventions for the medically complex challenged patient with a focus on treating people in place and honoring the individuals quality of life.
Some of David’s inventions include:
- TripleCare – a physician group which enabled by telemedicine, manages sick medically complex acute change of condition on site in nursing facilities around the country. David is the Co-Founder, Chief Medical Officer and Chief Strategy Officer.
- Clinically Home - a hospital at home company which employing people and technology, take patients requiring hospitalization and treat them in the home. Chief Medical Officer and Architect.
- Enhanced Care Initiatives – A national company which focused on the medically frail and complex patient who required frequent hospitalization. A community based intervention which provided clinical and social support markedly decreasing clinical decline and need for hospitalization. Founder and Chief Executive Officer
- Paragon Clinical and NP Care’s – Nurse Practitioner care systems in nursing homes.
- Founder and Chief Medical Officer. Was active in 6 States.
- PriMed – a multispecialty medical group in Fairfield Ct. 120 clinicians and over 150,000 patients. Founder and President from 1996 to 2000.
- Project Patient Care – a 501 C3 non profit founded in 2000. Initial focus was the use of patient data to inform health care policy.
David received his medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha NE, completed his residency at Einstein / Jacobi Medical Center in Bronx NY, and was Chief Medical Resident at Bridgeport Hospital / Yale Health Systems in Bridgeport CT. His wife Barbara and their 5 children live in Stratford CT.